The Dermcare Gap Year Program provides recent college graduates with the unique opportunity to gain firsthand experience in the setting of a private dermatology practice. Through this paid program, gap year interns learn to assist in a variety of clinical and administrative tasks that help keep a medical practice functional. We aim to employ reliable, self-motivated graduates looking to gain one or more years of experience prior to attending medical school. We believe the lessons provided by this program will prepare our interns for the rigors of a career in medicine.
As a Gap Year Intern, you will:
- assist in various dermatologic surgeries and procedures
- perform surgical consultations
- scribe for physicians during patient visits
- coordinate patient care with outside healthcare providers
- perform administrative tasks
- learn about surgical and cosmetic dermatology
- network with our doctors and staff
- and more!
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university/college
- At least a 1-2 year commitment before matriculating into medical school
- Must be able to travel to all offices (Arlington, Cambridge, Natick and Chelmsford)
- No medical assistant certification required
If you are interested, please apply here.