Our practice boasts one of the most experienced Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeons in the Boston area.
Oculoplastic and Facial Cosmetic Surgery brochure [PDF] Ophthalmic plastic surgery is cosmetic, corrective, and reconstructive surgery involving the eye area. These highly specialized surgeons manage and repair problems related to the tissues or structures surrounding the eye, rather than the eyeball itself. These structures include the eyelids, the tear ducts, and the orbit (bony socket surrounding the eye). Ophthalmic plastic surgeons are board-certified ophthalmologists who have completed several years of additional training in ophthalmic plastic surgery. Dr. Freitag’s experience in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery has been enhanced by her unique alliance with the Dermatologic Surgeons in our practice. Mohs surgery is sometimes combined with reconstructive surgery of the eye and face. We provide the unique opportunity for our patients to have their Mohs Surgery and their Ophthalmic Plastic Reconstructive Surgery performed at the same facility on the same day; thus preventing our patients from having to travel from one facility to another. This provides a dual expert approach to the patient’s procedure. If you are looking for experience, innovation, and excellence, please feel free to contact us to explore your eyelid and facial plastic surgery options and learn how you can look your best.
Dr. Freitag’s Special Interests
- Eyelid Malposition: Repair of droopy upper lids, in-turning or out-turning lower lids, eyelid scarring.
- Lacrimal (Tear Duct) Disorders: Evaluation of tearing, balloon dacryoplasty, endoscopic tear duct surgery.
- Eyelid Skin Cancer: Excision of lesions and reconstruction of eyelids.
- Pediatric Eyelid & Lacrimal Disorders: Evaluation and treatment of children with droopy lids or tearing problems.
- Eye Socket & Eyelid Trauma: Evaluation and repair of fractures. Repair of eyelid injuries.
- Orbital Tumors: Diagnosis and management of tumors of the eye socket.
- Thyroid Eye Disease: Evaluation and treatment, including orbital decompression, muscle surgery, and eyelid repositioning.
- Upper and Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty: The removal of wrinkled skin and bulging fat from the eyelids restores a more youthful appearance and reduces the feeling of heaviness caused by these excess tissues.
Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Specializes the eyelids, orbit, and lacrimal system surgery
Facial cosmetic surgery