We provide treatment for a variety of skin disorders, including but not limited to:
- Acne treatment needs to be individualized to the patient for a successful outcome. There are many forms of acne, and many patients with different needs and lifestyles. Our physicians will customize a plan that works best for your skin type and lifestyle.
- Rosacea is an inflammatory skin condition that most often affects the face in middle age adults. It often presents as burning, tingling or itchy red patches on the forehead, cheeks and chin. Pustules and pimple-like blemishes can also be seen. Occasionally rosacea can affect the eyes with gritty and dry sensations of the eyes. Many different topical and oral medications are available to help treat this skin condition.
- Skin infections including warts, herpes group infections, impetigo, fungal and atypical infections, etc. are most often diagnosed and treated by dermatologists. Depending on your age, occupation, hobbies and lifestyle you may be predisposed to developing any number of these skin conditions.
- Eczema is dry, red, itchy skin that can affect all age groups and varies in severity. Our physicians can develop a treatment regimen for you to help manage and treat the symptoms of eczema.
- Psoriasis is a chronic, often hereditary, skin condition leading to thickened scaly plaques on the skin. It is often associated with other medical conditions including heart disease, hypertension, high cholesterol and diabetes and can be worse in those who smoke or consume alcohol. There is a broad spectrum of the severity of this disease in patients. While psoriasis is not curable it can be managed to improve your symptoms and quality of life.
- Hair loss (also referred to as alopecia) can affect just your scalp or your entire body and result from a number of causes. Everyone loses hair. In fact it is normal to lose around 100 hairs a day. However, a dermatologist should evaluate hair loss leading to thinning, bald spots or scarring. Many therapies are available to treat and prevent further hair loss depending on the type of alopecia.
- Pediatric dermatology– Our physicians provide a variety of diagnostic and treatment services for infants, children and adolescents. Contact us to learn more and to schedule a consultation.
Dermcare Physicians and Surgeons provides general dermatology services. We strive to provide the highest quality of dermatological care to our patients. Dr. Steven Kornbleuth, Dr. Amanda Auerbach, Dr. Michael Krathen, Dr. Katrina Dy and Dr. Melissa Michelon are highly trained and experienced professionals in the field of dermatology. Each of our providers has undergone rigorous testing to become certified by the American Board of Dermatology. If you have any of skin conditions listed above, please call our office or request an appointment online!Request an Appointment